The friends and family of a drug or alcohol addict are often left out of the recovery process. The timeless wisdom of the Tao has been adapted to gently change those who are suffering into peaceful, healthy, self confident humans, ready to fully rejoin life in a serene and harmonious way. The author’s personal understanding of the recovery process and Taoism culminate in this essential guide to self-rehabilitation.
What readers are saying
The Tao of Recovery... selected as one of twelve best of the universe of 1,000 ‘recovery’ books available. —New Age Retailer
- Additional Information
Book Type Paperback ISBN 9780893342494 Author Jim McGregor Publisher Green Dragon Books
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- A Classic Spiritual Book
I first read this book [years ago] it is still as fresh and enlightening today. It is written almost like Zen prose that flows from the author's heart and head. A great book for those recovering from whatever - it is profound, compassionate, full of loving acceptance and peace. (It is also a good book even if you are not recovering from anything.)
The book will lead you to inner peace with yourself; or at least give you a road map to get there with a little effort.
- Perfect 12-Step Companion
- This book go's hand in hand with any twelve step program. Anyone with an open mind and a willingness to understand how Taoism is not a contradiction to any spiritual belief, but in accordance with it will find this book helpful in their recovery.
- Very nice reflection on recovery from the perspective of the Tao
- Very nice reflection on recovery from the perspective of the Tao. A series of short verses available that merge the principles of the program with Taoist principles. A good companion to people looking for a spiritual but not religious approach.
- One of the Best Recovery Books
- The Tao of Recovery... selected as one of twelve best of the universe of 1,000 ‘recovery’ books available.