Relationships are WORK! Techniques to Achieve Emotional Intelligence and Compatibility
For those on a quest to find a loving life partner, choose carefully. Emotionally unavailable people are difficult be with in a relationship, and their inadequacies not only impact you, but your future children. In her new book, Loving Well, The Key to Satisfying and Joyful Relationships, Psychotherapist Dr. Erin Leonard says “if healthy patterns of relating are set early, the relationship will be fulfilling, joyful and satisfying for the long haul.”
- Tweak your relationship to bring the excitement and chemistry back.
- Catch dysfunctional patterns early in your marriage and correct them.
- How to extend the honeymoon past the wedding.
Dr. Leonard teaches us how to select an emotionally available partner. For parents, the most important thing in your child’s life is their relationship with you. Not much else matters. If there is emotional closeness, your child will not be anxious, depressed, or miserable. You will have more fun with your child and parenthood will be a joy instead of a struggle. So, stop working extra hours to pay for their new gadget and love them better. Love them well. The emotional investment is the most important investment of your life.
- Additional Information
Book Type eBook - Apple ISBN 9781623860295 Author Dr. Erin K. Leonard Publisher Green Dragon Books
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Love this
- Amazing book. Very well written. Gives some great perspectives that can be used!
- Persuasive and Readable
- Dr. Leonard's ability to describe the fundamental components at play in healthy attachments is persuasive and readable. The many vignettes provided ensure that her readers can identify themes and behaviors that prevail in their daily lives. This awareness is the first step to meaningful and growthful change.
- Thank you Dr. Leonard
After reading Loving Well, I gained a much better understanding of my past relationships (marriage, family, and friends). I now realize the importance of emotionally evolving, what that really looks like when it happens, and when it doesn't!
The awareness of empathic involvement as opposed sympathetic responses has been vital for me as I've been growing my important relationships. Two of my favorite excerpts from the book relate to empathy.
• Empathy should always preempt advice, problem solving, and recommendations.
• Empathy is the key to trust, respect, and closeness in every relationship.
Dr. Leonard uses numerous examples to bring a non-theoretical reality to the concepts she describes. They are real, honest, and sometimes painful situations that I was able to relate to my life. Loving Well has provided tremendous insight into what I need to own and what I need to let go of with respect to the failings, and successes, of my relationships.
I am thankful that Dr. Leonard wrote Loving Well and that I took the opportunity to read it!
- The Prefect Guide to Relationships
- Thought-proving and insightful, Dr. Leonard is spot on. Finally, an understandable discovery of the human condition. Loving Well is the perfect guide for our everyday relationships with family friends and co-workers.”