It seems that everyone is plagued with anxiety and depression these days. The divorce rate is well above 50%. Many children are on some form of psychotropic medication by the time they are in high school. Many marriages lack sexual interaction and closeness. One of the main reasons for this is people become involved with an emotionally bankrupt partner. Yet, this is almost impossible to determine at the outset because emotionally unavailable people can be excellent at deception, not exhibiting their true character until they have solidified their partner in the relationship.
Not many people in committed relationships are having consistent physical intimacy. Why? Because emotional closeness has been lost. Emotional closeness with someone alleviates depression and anxiety. It leads to satisfying physical intimacy, and it sustains joy, trust, and satisfaction in a person’s life. It also produces secure and unanxious children. A large portion of the population is emotionally unevolved, which means, they are less capable of sustaining emotional closeness in their relationships. If you lack emotional closeness in your current relationship, this book will inform you on how to get the love and closeness back before it is lost forever. If you are dating and thinking about making a commitment, this book will ensure you are selecting an emotionally available partner, as well as explain what emotional closeness is, and how to get it and keep it. If you are a parent feeling estranged from your child, this book will help you get the bond back.
- Additional Information
Book Type Paperback ISBN 9781623860240 Author Dr. Erin K. Leonard Publisher Green Dragon Books
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- The perfect Guide to Relations
- Thought-proving and insightful, Dr. Leonard is spot on. Finally, an understandable discovery of the human condition. Loving Well is the perfect guide for our everyday relationships with family friends and co-workers.”
- Thank you Dr. Leonard!
After reading Loving Well, I gained a much better understanding of my past relationships (marriage, family, and friends). I now realize the importance of emotionally evolving, what that really looks like when it happens, and when it doesn't!
The awareness of empathic involvement as opposed sympathetic responses has been vital for me as I've been growing my important relationships. Two of my favorite excerpts from the book relate to empathy.
• Empathy should always preempt advice, problem solving, and recommendations.
• Empathy is the key to trust, respect, and closeness in every relationship.
Dr. Leonard uses numerous examples to bring a non-theoretical reality to the concepts she describes. They are real, honest, and sometimes painful situations that I was able to relate to my life. Loving Well has provided tremendous insight into what I need to own and what I need to let go of with respect to the failings, and successes, of my relationships.
I am thankful that Dr. Leonard wrote Loving Well and that I took the opportunity to read it!
- Persuasive and readable
- Dr. Leonard's ability to describe the fundamental components at play in healthy attachments is persuasive and readable. The many vignettes provided ensure that her readers can identify themes and behaviors that prevail in their daily lives. This awareness is the first step to meaningful and growthful change.
- Love this
- Amazing book. Very well written. Gives some great perspectives that can be used!