Submission & Acquistions
Manuscript Submissions Guidelines
We are always looking for new book proposals and welcome your inquiry. We accept submissions directly from authors (including first-time authors) and from literary agents.
Our emphasis is on the practical: how it works, how it’s done, what is learned, self-improvement, and personal development material.
Current subject areas we’re interested in include:
- Leadership – Personal, Group, Organizational, & Agile
- Agile Organizations
- Spiritual Enlightenment
- Body, Mind & Spirit
- Alternative Health
- Health & Wellness
- Family & Parenting
- Early Childhood Education Teaching Methods
- Teaching Literacy in Early Childhood Education
- Diversity in Early Childhood Education
We are not currently seeking:
Children’s Picture Books, Cookbooks, Poetry, & Coffee Table Books
For Green Dragon Books to consider your book for publication, please provide a proposal consisting of the elements outlined below. Do not send a complete manuscript unless asked to do so. All submissions are evaluated on the basis of content, author credentials, and marketability. Submissions that do not conform to these guidelines may be rejected.
We accept electronic submissions, which may be sent to Info@greendragonbooks.com
I. AUTHOR INFORMATION
Send us your bio or curriculum vitae. Include information on professional credentials, current occupation, previously published works, any public speaking or promotional experience you have, links to social media profiles, and any television or radio appearances you have made. If your work has been previously published or self published please indicate this.
II. MARKETING DATA
Supply detailed information on the marketability of your book, including:
- Book summary and purpose
- Book’s unique content and characteristic
- Target audience
- Market size, description and demographics
- Ways you intend to promote the book
- Competing titles and sales figures, how your work is different
- Specific information not provided by comparable titles
III. MANUSCRIPT SAMPLE
Please DO NOT submit two-sided copies of your manuscript. Please send no more or less than the following:
- Detailed outline of the book
- Table of contents
- Two sample chapters
- Word count (generally we look for 50,000+ words, depending on the project)
- Your complete daytime contact information including telephone and email
- Estimated date of completion
Manuscript Format Requirements
In preparing the manuscript sample, please observe our format requirements (these also apply if you are asked to send a complete manuscript):
- Manuscript Paper: If you will be sending your proposal via USPS, use standard (8 x 11), good-quality white typing paper. Do not use erasable bond. Type on only one side of the paper.
- Print Quality: Use letter-quality type. Make type as clean and legible as possible.
- Spacing and Type Size: All text, tables and caption material must be double-spaced. Allow at least one-inch margins on both sides, top and bottom. Use at least 12-point type.
- Chapter and Section Titles: All words in these titles should be upper- and lowercase.
- Spelling: Use the first spelling listed in the most recent edition of Webster’s New International Dictionary or Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary.
- Punctuation and Style: Use a serial comma. Refer to the most recent edition of The Chicago Manual of Style regarding numbers and any other points of style.
- Pagination: (applies to complete manuscript only): Pages should be numbered continuously throughout a manuscript, not chapter by chapter.
If your proposal is submitted by any method other than e-mail, and you would like to have it returned to you, you must include a self-addressed, stamped (not metered) envelope of suitable size and with sufficient postage to return your proposal. Materials received without an appropriate SASE will not be returned.
Do Not Send Originals
All materials you submit should be copies. We are not responsible for submissions that are lost, sent without a return address, sent without an appropriate SASE. Include a cover letter containing your name, return address and daytime phone number with your proposal. The cover letter is for our records and will not be returned to you.
We will accept electronic submissions, which may be sent to email@example.com
If you are sending a printed proposal, please send to:
Green Dragon Books
Attention: Editorial Committee
PO Box 1608
Lake Worth, FL 33460
Due to the volume of submissions, Green Dragon cannot guarantee response times or send personalized responses to individual proposals. We will review your information, and, if interested, will contact you. If you do not hear from us, please assume that we do not wish to pursue your manuscript for our program. No further correspondence will be entered into and we will not provide you with reasons for our decision. Under no circumstances do we accept phone calls regarding submissions. Thank you for your understanding.